Prenuptial Agreements ◦ Boise Family Law Attorney
While prenuptial agreements may have once been considered taboo for fiancés and fiancées to discuss, in today's society, they are more openly considered by many engaged couples. A prenuptial agreement spells out a couple's agreement as to what will happen to marital property in the event of a divorce.
Everman Law Offices and Mediation Services ● Family Law Attorney ● 208-639-9037
Contact Us Today to Schedule a Free Half Hour Consultation.
People who do not want to think of the possibility of divorce at a time when marriage is a happy upcoming event may wish to consider the following reasons to consider a prenup:
- A discussion with an attorney about a prenuptial agreement may help an engaged person or couple understand what the law says about property in a marriage.
- It is often said that if an engaged couple does not discuss financial matters before a marriage, they are bound to experience conflicts over money afterward.
- If there are children of either engaged party from a previous marriage or relationship, it is in the best interest of present and future peace in the family to agree up front on how they will be protected and provided for in the event of a marital breakup.
- If one or the other of the spouses has significant assets such as inheritances, expected inheritances or businesses, a prenuptial agreement may spare a lot of discord and expense down the road with regard to those assets.
- A prenuptial agreement may in fact be considered to be part of a complete estate plan married people will want to have in place, alongside a will, powers of attorney and health care directives.
Learn the basics about what a prenuptial agreement in Idaho will entail and how to ensure it will be enforceable. Contact us today to schedule a detailed free consultation with a dedicated Idaho lawyer practicing family law in Boise, Idaho, at Everman Law Offices and Mediation Services. Weekend and after-hours appointments are available for your convenience.
Everman Law Offices and Mediation Services
39 W. Pine Ave,
Meridian, ID 83642
Phone: 208-639-9037 • E-Mail