Boise Adoption Lawyer
Adoption is a complicated issue that can drag on for years if you do not have the appropriate knowledge and experience to navigate all the bureaucracy involved. Having legal representation with knowledge of the issues involved with different types of adoption can make a huge difference. See our Boise adoption attorneys today to find out how we can help you.
Everman Law Offices and Mediation Services, PLLC, is dedicated to providing clients with the resources required to complete the adoption process. Our experienced attorney is standing by to assist you with all of your adoption and family law needs.
For more information about how we can assist you with your Petition for Adoption, contact us online or call 208-639-9037 to speak to our attorney. We are proud to offer free half hour consultations.
Make Progress Today With an Idaho Child Adoption Attorney
Our experienced family law attorney, mediator and collaborative law specialist Debra Ann Everman has more than 15 years of experience working on adoption cases. Her knowledge and skill make her an excellent choice for prospective parents in any adoption case, including:
- Stepparent adoption: The type of adoption that occurs in which a parent has remarried and would like his or her new spouse to adopt the child or children.
- Parental placement adoption: These adoptions occur when a birth parent chooses the adoptive family and one birth parent (usually the mother) must appear in court to confirm her consent before a judge.
- Agency adoption: This is an adoption where a private agency or the Department of Social Services places the child with a family.
- Interstate adoption: An adoption that requires the child to move across state lines requires compliance with the Interstate Compact on Placement of Children.
- International adoption: When parents adopt a child in a foreign country, they should also readopt the child in Idaho. It is important to get a Certificate of Foreign Birth for the child in lieu of an ordinary birth certificate.
In addition to these general types, there are also adoption rules and requirements for grandparents, foster parents and other parties who want to take over the care and support of a child for various reasons. You should consult with our attorney before you make any final decisions on adopting.
Serving Clients Throughout the Greater Boise Area
To schedule a free consultation with a dedicated Idaho adoption and family law attorney at Everman Law Offices and Mediation Services in Boise, call 208-639-9037 or contact us online. Weekend and after-hours appointments are available for your convenience.